I feel like I should update on what's been going on, but honestly, I can't put words together to create a coherent sentence, so you're getting bullets, and you'll like it.
- Jonathon was up most of last night with a fever, stuffy nose and general unhappiness and inability to sleep. The fever is typical for anytime he gets sick, so no worries there. But I slept on the couch. Might as well be uncomfortable and sleep lightly than be dragged out of a deep sleep repeatedly.
UPDATE: The nurse called to have him picked up from school. He can't breathe through his nose and his temperature is up near 103. The nurse gave him Tylenol, but an hour later and it doesn't seem to be touching the fever much.
- Yesterday was a day off for Ian, but not the kids. We played tennis, hung out with the neighbors, went to the nearby Benjarong (I think I spelled that right) Thai restaurant, and generally made an easy day of it. Lunch was so late the kids had sandwiches for dinner and the adults snacked on crackers. Next time we get leftover bags from the restaurant.
- Sunday, the three boys and I had haircuts. We're all looking spiffy. Now the girls want their hair styled.
- The Charity Fair at AISC is on Saturday, 10-3. Come one, come all if you're in Chennai.
- Jonathon has started tennis lessons with the other two, with the raquet he received for Christmas from Rebecca. He's doing really well, and enjoying it. Some days are more difficult to get everyone on the court, but they're having fun. This semester the girls will start afterschool activities on Wednesdays too, and I'm wondering if I should find something for the boys that day. There was nothing offered they found interesting.
- Katherine made her birthday invites. She's inviting two girls over for a sleepover cooking party so they're going to make dinner and breakfast, and giggle in between.
- Report cards come home today.
- The cats are something like 5 - 5 1/2 months old, and are driving us nuts. Samosa follows me around. "Race you up the stairs!" "Race you down the stairs!" "Can I squeeze into this bookshelf you're arranging?" "What're you doing in the bathroom?" "I'm *meow* under the *meow* chair!" "Pet me, don't pet me, pet me, don't pick me up, put me down, pet me, don't come near me..." Dosa is worse. I think that cat is deaf. Is it normal to be able to sneak up on a cat? And the midnight meowing has got to stop.
That's all for now. I'm sure there are other tidbits just as enthralling, but I can't recall them at the moment. Oh well.
Post a Comment