Sunday, September 21, 2008

Malaria is on the rise in India

No, none of us have it, thank goodness.

This story from from the indianexpress says that while 86% of the malaria cases in the world happen in African, of the other 14% in the world 80% are in South Asia and Southeast Asia.
You know what makes me shake my head though? This and thoughts like these: "However, there is good news. Owing to urbanisation in Asia, forest habitats of disease spreading mosquitoes are rapidly being destroyed."
Well, yay for deforestation!!

No comments:

Post a Comment