Monday, August 11, 2008

Here Kitty Kitty

This morning got off to a bit of a tough start. After going to bed with a headache (I took medicine, it didn't take), I woke at about 2:30 with a worse pounding headache. Another couple of pills and I tried to get back to sleep. Only Masala thought it was play time.

With a hairband, he tossed it around my bed, pounced on it, and wouldn't suffer doing it all at the end of the bed where I wouldn't care as much. No, he spent the entire time playing all over me, as close to my head as possible. And it was even better when I'd shake the covers to get him off and throw the rubber band on the floor, because then it turned into a game of fetch too. Ian asked why I didn't throw him out of the room and close the door. I don't know. Instead, I grabbed my pillow and blanket and moved to the couch. My head still hurt anyway, no biggee. The cat followed me. As my head calmed down, in he sauntered with his rubber band, hopped on the couch and continued his game. It was going on 4 a.m. by then and I only had another hour to sleep, so I ignored him as best I could.
Then I got the girls up at 5:15, the driver showed up by 5:30 to take them to the pool and while I was giving instructions... with the door open... Masala snuck out and under the car. We were on a time crunch and eventually the noise spooked him enough that he ran to the small patch of lawn out front, so the girls left and I collected the cat. Silly cat.
We went to work, and on the way home the driver was all in a tizzy about Masala being out of the house. I told him I'd already brought the cat in, but no, apparently at some point he'd gotten out again. They spotted him in the yard when they returned from shopping. It seems they cornered him up on a window ledge and that was as far as they got. The gardener tried to pull him out and got bitten for his effort. Duh, the cat was terrified. Masala thinks he's a big brave cat, all excited about the great outside world, but he's not, he's really not. Thankfully it was a small nick and Masala is vaccinated, so no biggee in my book. Masala readily moved over to me, but wouldn't come out from behind the window grill, so I went in the house, opened the window, popped the screen out and in he came. Beyond being filthy and scared, he was fine, but I don't know if the staff will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment