For myself, 2004 was an amazing and wonderful year. We all experienced and enjoyed so many new things from riding on elephants to traveling across New Zealand. Katherine had her First Communion, we saw my parents -twice-, the kids enjoyed a couple of modeling gigs, and we were able to lounge at the beach twice. I wish all years could be as good as this one was to us.
So here you have My Personal Year in Review:
1. What did you do in 2004 that you'd never done before? Traveled to New Zealand, Australia, Singapore, Hong Kong and Thailand. Around the Philippines we took a weekend in Palawan and a weekend in Bohol. We love to travel and being able to finally do it freely was wonderful
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year? Nope, I'm still just as lousy a cook as I was in January, but have discovered the 1001 Recipes with 4 Ingredients or Less Cookbook. This I can do.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Laura did in November. Not only that but she had a homebirth!
4. Did anyone close to you die? No.
5. What countries did you visit? Last year I said "Just the Philippines. 2004 should be quite different." And it was. See #1
6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004? Plenty of time in the States. Woohoo!
7. What date from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? December 26, 2004. If the earthquake had been on the same fault line but on the other side of Indonesia, we would have been washed away.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Zorbing? Bridge Climb? Vertical Slide? Not exactly achievements, but facing a fear counts, right?
9. What was your biggest failure? I'll have to think on that one.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Nothing serious. Just the crap you get from living in this den of pollution.
11. What was the best thing you bought? A bar in Thailand. No, not a drinking bar that people go to... a rolling bar, you know, a piece of furniture.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Rebecca, she's really trying to pull herself together.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? There are a few, but no one in my personal life. Just people I know of and have to roll my eyes.
14. Where did most of your money go? Travel travel travel.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? My parents visits.
16. What song will always remind you of 2004? No clue.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Don't know. I could say happier, but I wasn't unhappy last year.
ii. thinner or fatter? Fatter. I've gained another! 5 pounds.
iii. richer or poorer? "Poorer" but only if you're going by $$.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Played with the kids
19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Yelled.
20. How will you be spending Christmas? It's done. We spent it at the beach in Bohol Province, on Panglao Island. Heaven.
22. Did you fall in love in 2004? Yup.
24. What was your favorite TV program? CSI and Amazing Race.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? There are plenty of people I dislike, pity or just don't consider a friend anymore, but I don't actively hate anyone. Takes too much energy.
26. What was the best book you read? _Girl with a Pearl Earring_. My mom suggested it and I enjoyed it. I would have said _Rizal_ by Austin Coates, but I haven't finished it yet.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery? Sadly, nothing new this year.
28. What did you want and get? Quilts for all the kids!
29. What did you want and not get? Same as last year. Yup, it's still on my mind.
30. What was your favorite film of this year? Hrm, have to think on that one.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I have no recollection of the actual day, but I turned 30, and I like being 30. I feel like I finally fit my skin.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Ah, again, I'll skip this one.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004? Things haven't changed... jeans and tops.
34. What kept you sane? My husband.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? None.
36. What political issue stirred you the most? The election.
37. Who did you miss? My parents and Jeff.
38. Who was the best new person you met? Lisa and Kristine.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004: As a family we have a lot of fun. Outside the house. So the lesson... never stay home :)